Smartphone can be used as a remote control device on Android TV. In other words, smart TV can be controlled from the smartphone. Many brands of smartphones already have such feature. If not, you can install the ‘Android TV Remote Control’ app on the phone. This app can be used on Android smartphone as well as iPhone.
Features of Android TV remote Control:
- Use d-pad or touchpad gesture to control your Smart TV.
- Enter text with keyboard.
- Search using voice commands.
- You can connect multiple remote to Android TV for multiplayer gaming.
- Support all Android TV devices.
How to Set up ‘Android TV Remote Control’ app with Smart TV:
- You must have Android 4.3 version installed on your device. From Settings – About Phone, you’ll know the current Android Version.
- Download ‘Android TV Remote Control’ app in smartphone.
- At first, connect your Android phone or tablet to the same network as your Android TV device or find your Android TV via bluetooth.
- In Smartphone, you’ll see Smart TV name. Tap to connect it.
- You’ll see a PIN code in TV Screen.
- Add the code in Smartphone & pair it.
- Mission accomplished.
- In order to use the remote control app on iPhone and iPad, you must have iOS 9 or later.
- Download Android TV app & rest of the setup process same as above.
If you like this post, please leave a comment or subscribe this blog via RSS.