The smartphone market is booming day by day. The number of smartphone users constantly increasing day by day. Generally mass people buy smart phone from the market without checking it’s ingenuity or registered with the regulatory body BTRC (Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission). So your favorite smart phone can be locked any time as it is not registered with BTRC.
How to know if your phone is registered in BTRC portal:
- When buying a new mobile phone, go to the message option,
type KYD and send it to 16002 with 15 digit IMEI number with space.
- In the return message, it will be informed whether the IMEI of the phone is registered in the BTRC server or not.
Here are tips for Android Phones Users to judge phone’s originality with IMEI number:
- Dial *#06# on your phone to get your IMEI number. Also, you’ll get it by going to Settings>About Device>Status/All Specification.
- Once you get the IMEI, go to imei.info, Input the number on the search box and hit Check
- The system will automatically show phone’s information in a moment. If it shows something else than what your phone is saying, it is likely not original brand.
Here are tips for iPhones Users to judge phone’s originality with IMEI number:
- Find your mobile serial number either on your SIM card slot or by going to Settings>General>About
- Once you get it, go to checkcoverage.apple.com
- Enter serial number and hit Continue. If It show ‘invalid serial number’ then the handset is fake otherwise you have the genuine phone.
If you are smartphone lover, check all our smartphone review:
If you like this post, please leave a comment or subscribe this blog via RSS.