WordPress started its journey on 2003 with a short code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and at that time only few users use WordPress. But since then it slowly & gradually become the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world. Now millions of sites use it and tens of millions of people launch their blog with WordPress every day.
On May 27, 2013 WordPress is celebrating 10th birthday.
Wordress is the best blogging platform. It is regarded as the most famous content management system (CMS). It is server side scripting language PHP, MYSQL data based blogging software. At present, lots of corporate websites, online news portal sites, and social media sites are crated with WordPress. WordPress update their version frequently. Recently WordPress is running 3.5.1 version. I already write some contents on WordPress versions – Elvin & Sonny version.
Also Read: Upcoming Features Of WordPress
For a small company, it is very tough to build own content management system with high cost. But with WordPress, anyone can build website with free of cost.
WordPres is very popular for friendly interface, easy configuration & SEO friendly structure. Among all internet websites, 16.7 % run with WordPress (among 10 laks popular websites). Among all CMS websites 55.1% run by WordPress.
There are also lots of works in international marketplace for WordPress developers. In Freelancer & Odesk, there are lots of work from $30 – $40. Beginner can start working from $10 – $12 per hour.
One can also create own WordPress theme, plugins & sell them in Theme market place. In corporate & international companies, there are lots of demand for WordPress developers.
So WordPress is such a place you can develop your WordPress career if you have proper knowledge in WordPress.
If you want to secure your WordPress site, you can check How To Increase Security System Of Your WordPress Site.
Here are some interesting facts about WordPress:
- Every day more than 1 lakh site created with WordPress.
- At present, 6 crore 36 lakh sites run with WordPress.
- Everyday among all new websites 60% are launched with WordPress.
- Wordwide 18% sites are build with WordPress.
- Most top company websites about 20% are created with WordPress. For example, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, ford, CNN, NASA, Times Magazine, Techcrunch, National Geographic, Mozilla, Yahoo etc.
Here are information where WordPress community meet up will be held. At present, 614 communities and 4449 WordPress Enthusiasts will arrange meetup on 27th May, 2013.
Here are some suggestions of WordPress how to set a meetup:
- Find a nice place where people can meet up and pass time to celebrate WordPress 10th anniversary. Everyone can pay some money & enjoy food and drinks.
- Promote your meetup to other local tech groups, other meetup groups, bloggers and local press.
- If you get above 50 people attending, then WordPress authority will send stickers and buttons.
- All WP10 parties should be free of charge.
Did you enjoy this post?