Kolkata Knight Riders is the franchise authority representing India’s one of the oldest city Kolkata in the Indian Premier League(IPL) in Twenty20 cricket tournament. The team was led by Sourav Ganguly in IPL season 1 and season 3 and Brendon McCullum led the team in IPL season 2. Gautam Gambhir has been made captain of the team since 2011. IPL season 5 will start on April 4th & end on May 27th, 2012.
The home of the Kolkata Knight Riders is Eden Gardens, one of the largest cricket stadium in India. Kolkata Knight Riders are ranked as the second most valuable franchise brand at US$46 million recognized by UK based brand valuation company. India’s top actor Shahrukh Khan is the co-owner of KKR. KKR showed poor performance in the first three IPL seasons. however, KKR qualified for the IPL playoffs in the 4th season and also made it to the Champions League Twenty20 for the first time.
Players of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR):
Gautam Gambhir, Iqbal Abdulla, Yusuf Pathan, Jaydev Unadkat, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Laxmi Shukla , Manoj Tiwary, Manvinder Bisla, RajatBhatia, Sarabjit Ladda, Shami Ahmed, Shreevats Goswami.
- Overseas players:
Jacques Kallis, Brad Haddin, Brett Lee, Eoin Morgan,Shakib Al Hasan, Shane Bond, Mark Boucher, Ryan ten Doeschate.
Here are team information on Kolkata Knight Riders:
- Founded: 2008
- Owner: Shahrukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, Jai Mehta, Red Chillies Entertainment
- Coach: Trevor Bayliss
- Assistant Coach – Vijay Dahiya
- Bowling Consultant: Wasim Akram
- CEO & Managing Director: Venky Mysore
- Physiotherapist: Andrew Leipus
- Physical Trainer: Adrian Le Roux
- Team Analyst: A. R. Srikkanth
- Captain: Gautam Gambhir
- Venue: Eden Gardens
[Capacity: 90,000 (Original) New:63,000]
- IPL Best Performane: 2011 Play-offs
Kolkata Knight Riders Web Information:
- IPL T20 Website: IPL T20
- Download Match Schedule: Kolkata Knight Riders Match Schedule
- Official Website Of Kolkata Knight Riders: KKR
- Facebook Page: KKR Page
- Twitter Page: KKR
- Official YouTube Page: KKR
- Wikipedia Link: KKR
Did you enjoy this post?