BPL (Bangladesh Premier League) season 2 or BPL 2013 will be the second season of the history of Bangladesh Premier League. It is organized by Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB). The tournament will begin on 18 January, 2013. Before that on 17th January, 2013 an opening ceremony will be held. The tournament will end on Feb 16,2013.
The first Bangladesh Premier League was played from February 10 to February 29, 2012. It was won by Dhaka Gladiators. In season 2 new team will participate along with other 6 teams. The name of new team is Rangpur Riders. Rangpur Riders was bought for Tk 8.5 crores ( 1.01 millon dollars) by I Sports Limited at an auction conducted by event management group Game On Sports at Dhaka Club on 15th December, 2012.
Seven franchises teams of BPL T20 (Bangladesh Premiere League) :
- Chittagong Tigers
- Dhaka Gladiators
- Duronto Rajshahi
- Bengal Tigers Barishal
- Sylhet Royals
- Khulna Royal Bengal
- Rangpur Riders
The tournament will be held in 3 venues & 45 matches will be held. All BPL matches will be held at
- Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur,Dhaka,
- M A Aziz Stadium,Chittagong and
- Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium,Khulna.
Sylhet Divisional Stadium and Shahid Kamaruzzaman Stadium,Rajshahi will be available for warm-up matches.
It is estimated that
- MA Aziz Stadium has capacity 20,000,
- Sher-e-Bangla Cricket Stadium has 20,000 &
- Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium has 26,000 approximately.
The players’ auction held on 20 December, 2012. I describe it in my next post – BPL 2013 Players Auction List & Team Squads.
Here are the rules:
If the match end with scores level, each team will bowl one over. It is called Super Over. The rules of the Super Over will be followed as ICC Standard Twenty20 International match.
- Team with most runs wins
- If equal, team which wins super-over wins the match.
- If still equal, team with most number of sixes in super-over match wins.
- If still equal, team with most number of boundary wins.
But if more than 1 team come tied with same points then these rules shall be followed accordingly:
- Higher number of wins (match)
- If still equal, net run rate of all teams
- If still equal, lower bowling strike rate of all teams
Read Popular Articles on BPL:
Official Site to know more on Bangladesh Premiere League:
Channel 9 and ESPN will telecast BPL T20 tournament.
So guys which team do you think will win the upcoming BPL tournament?
Did you enjoy this post?