We already know a fast loading site gets tons of visitors than a slow loading site. We already do lots of work to make fast our site. But do we know how fast our site or shall we fully optimized our site according to readers.
Google has a site – PageSpeed Insights by which you can check how much your site is optimized. It also helps you how to optimize more & increase the performance of your website. By PageSpeed Insights all works are done automatically.
PageSpeed Insights covers different aspects of page load optimization:
- Optimizing caching — keeping your application’s data and logic off the network altogether
- Minimizing round-trip times — reducing the number of serial request-response cycles
- Minimizing request overhead — reducing upload size
- Minimizing payload size — reducing the size of responses, downloads, and cached pages
- Optimizing browser rendering — improving the browser’s layout of a page
- Optimizing for mobile — tuning a site for the characteristics of mobile networks and mobile devices
If you are a Google Chrome Browser
Install PageSpeed Insights Extensions.
After installation a new icon will be added in Chrome toolbar.
How To use PageSpeed Insights:
- Open Chrome Developer tools by selecting the Wrench menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools -> Developer tools.
- In the Chrome Developer Tools pane, click the Page Speed tab to switch to the PageSpeed Insights panel.
- Navigate Chrome to a web page, and click the red ANALYZE button to run PageSpeed Insights. Remember it will start analyzing the open page only not whole site. So suppose you want to check your site (for example, www.techdesighn.com) Open the main site then click ANALYZE button.
Did you enjoy this post?