After a big announcement of the length of the tweets from 140 characters to 280 characters, Twitter expands name upto 50 character long. It’s a huge revolution in microblogging site Twitter. Previously, we can add only 20 characters as display name. Lots of people criticize about this issue. So from now on we don’t need no more abbreviations!
The new display name with bigger name helps more engagement between user & followers. A new thing also added. From now on, the big name or emoji can be added too.
How to change your Twitter User Name:
- Its easy way to change your username. Al first, Click on Settings and privacy from your profile icon dropdown menu.
- Under Account section, update the username currently listed in the Username field. If the username is taken, you’ll be told to choose another one.
- Click the Save changes button.
How to change Twitter User Name through iOS or Android App:
- Navigate to Settings and privacy and tap Account.
- Click Username and update the username currently listed in the Username field. If the username is taken, you’ll be prompted to choose another one.
- Mission accomplished.
Changing username will not affect your existing followers, Direct Messages, or replies. Your followers will simply see a new username next to your profile photo when you update. It is better if you alert your followers before you change your username so they can direct replies or Direct Messages to your new username.
What’s the difference between your username and your name?
- Your username appears in your profile URL and is unique. It’s used for logging in, replies, and Direct Messages.
- Your display name is a personal identifier (sometimes a business name or real name) displayed in your profile page and used to identify you to friends, especially if your username is different than your name or business name.
How long can names and usernames be?
- Your username can be up to 15 characters long.
- Your display name can be up to 50 characters long.
Did you enjoy this post?