Facebook Page plays a vital role for bloggers. I doubt there will be difficult to find a blogger who no Facebook Page. Today I shall share an important information on Facebook Page.
From now on you can change your Facebook page URL or username. But there are some restriction you should remember.
Previously you can’t change claimed Facebook page URL. There are some binding. If your page “liked” by 100+, you can’t change your Facebook Page URL.
So previously once you claimed Facebook page URL, there was no option to change. The only way to change username was to delete the old Facebook page & you lose all likes and recreate a new desired username. (Read: How To Add Blank Status in Facebook)
But now the restriction changed.
Facebook Page owners can now change the username of Page.
Lets reveal the process:
Go to Facebook Page,
Click Edit Page – >
Click Update Info and
Click the “Change Username” link under the Username option.
Several things you should remember before changing Facebook Page Username:
- When you pick new username, the old one will be omitted. It’ll be no more.
- You can only change the username once after you set it the first time.
- You can’t transfer the ownership of a username to another party.
- You can’t violate anyone else trademark rights.
- If you are acquiring a username to sell it in the future (squatting), you will lose it.
- Usernames may be reclaimed for other unauthorized usages.
Don’t forget to like my Facebook Page
Did you enjoy this post?