Google Allo is an instant messaging mobile app. it is developed by Google Inc. It is like virtual assistant and has a “smart reply” function that allows users to reply without typing. Google allo launched on September 21, 2016. The app is available both on Android and iOS device.
With Google Allo, you can express yourself better with stickers, doodles, emojis & text.
Features of Google Allo:
Smart Reply without Typing:
Smart Reply lets you keep the conversation moving with a single tap by suggesting text, photos and emoji based on your personality & style.
Turn any Photo into a Work of Art:
Before sending any text or image, you can make creative look the photos by doodling on them or adding text, draw a smiley face, turn your friends into names and mix different color.
Add stickers during chat. In Google allo, you’ll get tons of stickers which designed by independent artists from around the world. From Drama Llama to Food Party, add some fun to the conversation when words aren’t enough.
Make Letter Size Small or Big By Swiping:
You don’t need any typing in ALL CAPS mode to write bigger letter. Just make the letter size small or big of your text with a quick swipe.
Meet your personal Google Assistant:
It is one of the creative features of this app. Google Allo brings you the Google Assistant. With this feature, you can find nearby restaurants, share videos to watch, latest scores from the game, find out how far you are from the airport, and when your flight leaves. right in your conversation with friends. You can also check Google Trip which will be your best travel guide during your journey to a new destination.
Add @google to your group conversation or chat one-on-one with your Assistant. It’s your own personal Google, always ready to help.
Chat In Privately in Incognito Mode:
Start an incognito chat to send a message with end-to-end encryption. Incognito mode also comes with expiring chats so you can control how long your messages stick around and private notifications to help keep your chats more discreet.
How to Start a chat in Incognito mode:
- Open Allo.
- Tap New chat and start incognito chat in Incognito mode.
- From the Contacts list, tap the person’s name whom you want to start a chat.
What happens in Incognito mode:
- You won’t be able to preview your message in the Allo conversation list. You’ll just see that you or the other person “sent a message.”
- Notifications won’t display who sent the message or its content. If you want to turn off notifications entirely, go to Menu Menu and then Settings and then Notifications.
- Your chats are end-to-end encrypted and can only be seen by you and the person you’re chatting with. Google can’t read your messages, so you won’t see Smart Reply or Google Assistant features.
Set messages to expire:
In incognito mode, you can set the messages to disappear after a period of time. The default period is 1 hour, but you can change it according your wish.
- Open Allo.
- Tap New Chat and then Start incognito chat Incognito mode.
- In the top right corner, tap the Timer.
- You can choose either to never expire your messages or choose after how long you want your messages to disappear: Never, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, or 1 week.
For the sender: The timer begins when the message sent.
For the receiver: The timer begins when the message read.
Within the same chat, you and the recipient share the same timer setting. But you can set a different timer each time you start a new chat.
Important Information about Google Allo:
- Allo users who receive your messages can use other ways to save them, like taking a screenshot or by taking a photo.
- At present, The Google Assistant and Smart Reply are only available in English.
So Enjoy your Chat With new Messaging App – Google Allo