You have a long Gmail password which no one can guess. Does this ensure complete security of your account? It is quite natural that you have malware security program installed in your PC but more security is required when it is about your own personal email account. It is necessary to keep a check on the hackers and take every measure to keep them at bay. You can get easy security tips for safeguarding your Gmail account.
No more of that password changing tips or updating the account from time to time. Computer technology has made great advancement. Now, you can secure your Gmail account with the help of an iPhone. Yes, you have heard it right! iPhone with its dual factor authentication will make your login to the Gmail account more secure and safe.
Strong Security Tips for Your Gmail Account
A strong password is the first prime necessity for the safety of any account. You are always suggested to have such a password that comprises of letters, characters and numbers. Make it hard for any third-party user to guess. You should stop at this; take a step further to two-step authentication. A secure Gmail account is dependent on these two factors.
When you enable both the security measures, you need to give a PIN together with the password to open a Gmail account. Where will you get this PIN from? This is provided by Google Authentication App. When you have this PIN for your account, it is impossible for the hackers to access your account even if your password is disclosed to them.
How to set this 2-factor verification method for Gmail account?
- Sign into your own Gmail account.
- Once you are in your own navigate to the page of 2-step verification settings.
- Now, type in your phone number. After entering your contact number, you have to verify it.
- You will receive a code from Google; enter that code on the respective place.
- If it is your PC, you should set it up to be trusted for a month.
- Finally confirm the 2-step verification. You are done! The authentication method is turned on.
Don’t stop over here… You have another step to follow to complete the entire authentication procedure.
Go to the configuration settings page and click Mobile application. Now, download Google Authenticator application for iPhone.
How to install the verification app for your iPhone?
- Tap the icon of App Store on your phone.
- Look for the Google Authenticator.
- Tapping the app, tap Free to download for installing it.
- Next, go to the Google Authenticator and tap +.
- Scan the barcode.
- Once the app is configured, type in the code that you receive and finally click on Verify.
- As QR code is displayed on your screen, use Google Authenticator for scanning it.
- Finally link your Gmail account and iPhone by entering the verification code.
Are you thinking why you use an iPhone for the verification purpose? There you are…There are so many advantages of using an iPhone:
- Codes are received through text messages.
- Print outs can be taken of the codes.
- Another phone can be connected, in case your mobile phone is lost or you have misplaced the printout.
Hence, make your account safe and secure. Adopt the 2-step authentication method!
Jim Farmer is the best PC professional to provide you knowledge about Google mail setup. To ensure email technical support, get in touch with him right away!