Today, data is an important part of any business. All organizations collect and store data of various types. No organization can afford to lose their vital data and thus data recovery tools have become more important today which help in avoiding data loss.
Here are the 5 effective data recovery tools that one should know about:
Undela is a powerful software that can be used to recover deleted files very quickly. The software is free to use and allows you to recover data even from damaged disks. If your file is deleted because of some virus attacks or power failure, you can use the tool to recover your files. Besides Hard Disks, data can be recovered from a number of media such as USB drives, MP3 Players and Digital Camera Cards. All types of documents, images, audio and video files and e-mails can be easily recovered using Undela. It can help recover data from the Recycle Bin or any accidental delete. Compressed files can also be recovered. The software supports NTFS, NTFS5, FAT12, FAT16, and FAT32 in Windows and XFS on Linux. The software can be easily used by various users because of its multilingual interface. The languages it currently supports are English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian. One can easily search the deleted files by the file name or their mask. The tool also presents a preview of the deleted documents.
- Retrieve deleted files even when the Recycle Bin has been emptied
- Recover files that could be deleted due to virus attack or power failure
- Compressed files can also be recovered
- Presents preview of deleted doc files and image files
- Multiple file retrieval in one action
- Deleted files can be searched by their filename or mask
- All files can be scanned on selected hard drives
- Multilingual support in languages English, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian.
- Recovers deleted data from a variety of media such as Flash Card, Hard Drive, USB device, Digital cameras, Multimedia Card and a host of other media
This free tool is perfect to recover data from scratched, damaged or corrupt CDs or DVDs. This effective tool can also be used to recover files from HD DVD and Blu-Ray disks. The tool is simple to use and one can just select the drive and the files therein to start the recovery process. Normally, the recovery is very fast, however, the recovery depends upon the nature and extent of the damage of the media. In case of severe damages, it may take longer time to recover and may fail to recover all the damaged files. In any case, it helps recover a significant amount of data from a badly scratched CD and helps avoid data loss.
- Fast recovery
- Simple to use
- Recovery from scratched and damaged media
- In case of a severe damage, recovery takes longer time and may not recover all the damaged files.
You can use Mail PassView to export your email account settings from several popular e-mail applications such as Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Eudora and IncrediMail. You can run the program to find username and password and other details of your e-mail client. The restored information can be saved in a text file or can be copied to be pasted into a doc file or any other file. Many antivirus programs consider an e-mail retrieval tool as a hacking tool and it may alert you while you try to run the program on your system.
- Account details and passwords of an e-mail can be retrieved
- Supports a number of email services
- Simple and easy to use
- The software doesn’t work with all types of email programs.
This tool is very popular among the music lovers enabling them to scan and fix corrupt MP3 files. Many times, MP3 files cannot be played due to incomplete or truncated download or because of some other problems. MP3val can fix most of these problems and also automatically creates a backup file of the original files. Besides fixing MP3 files, it can also fix MPEG files. The software gives quick results and no installation is required. It has a front-end GUI and is standalone software with command-line version.
- Fixes corrupt MP3 files and several MPEG versions
- Automatically creates a backup file of the original files
- No installation required
- Cannot fix other types of music files other than MP3 and MPEG
DivFix++ is for the movie lovers who often complain of partially downloaded movie files. Using this tool, you can easily fix your DivX (AVI) movie files and enjoy watching your movies. The tool can build the index part of the movie, which often goes missing when a file is downloaded incompletely. The tool comes with an error-detection feature that can detect and fix the problems of a movie file. A new file could be created using the tool while the original file could be left untouched.
- Multi-lingual Support
- Supports Multiple OS – Windows, Linux, Mac and OSX
- Fast operation with C++ code
- Integration with P2P programs
- It can fix AVI and DivX files only.
This post was written by Divya Mishra, writer engaged in writing marketable as well as industrial reports and contents.