WordPress is the most popular platform among bloggers. Recently WordPress updated to latest version from 3.3.1 to 3.3.2. But there are not so much difference as bloggers expected. Every blogger’s goal is to increase visitors. There are lots of tools for tracking visitors. But among all tools I prefer Google Analytic.
The Google Analytics for WordPress plugin allows you to track your blog easily and with lots of metadata. (Read: Show Traffic Stats By Simple Traffic Widget plugin)
At first, You need to do simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
- This plugin uses the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code Google Analytics offers.
- Option to manually place the tracking code in another location.
- Automatic Google Analytics site speed tracking.
- Outbound link & downloads tracking.
- Allows usage of custom variables in Google Analytics to track meta data on pages. Support for the following custom variables:
- Configurable options to track outbound links either as page views.
- Option to track just downloads as page views in Google Analytics.
- Single category and / or multiple categories
- Post type (especially useful if you use custom post types)
- Logged in users
- Publication Year
Requires: 2.8 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.3.2 +
Last Updated: 2011-10-12
Downloads: 3,049,768 +
Download Link: Google Analytic
Did you enjoy this post?